Research assistant at Approach World
Approach World is a Singapore-based global consulting firm founded by two Swedes, Lisa Enckell and Andreas Ehn. We help operating companies with their technology, product and marketing challenges. We advise venture capital and private equity investors on new investment opportunities.
We’re now looking to expand our team with an independent and proactive technical research assistant who can quickly get up to speed with how an industry works, what the competitive landscape looks like, what products and services represent the state of the art.
This is a remote role, for which we’re looking for candidates from all over the world. Initially, we’re budgeting for a retainer of roughly 10 hours per week.
- Assist us in evaluating investment opportunities
- Research companies, industries, people and other subjects, providing briefings and drafts of reports and blog posts
- Research products and services including price/performance evaluation and where to buy
- Organize information
- No-code automation
- If you can code, potentially some smaller development projects
- Technical skills, understanding how products work and are manufactured including supply chains
- Quick learner
- Analytical skills, mathematical ability, good at Fermi estimation
- Independent and pro-active can-do attitude, able to work independently
- Can work from home/cafés at odd hours as we’re working in multiple time zones
- Always available via email, chat
- Organized, attention to details
- Fast learner and creative problem solver
- Strong communication skills
What we offer
- SGD 1,000 per month (for approx 10 hours per week)
- Great learning opportunities
- Fully remote role